The Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, inventory, finance, and other sources.
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
Pacific Smoke International is Canada’s leading distributor of electronic vaporizers and manufacturer of award-winning e-liquids. Our goal is to empower people nationwide to quit smoking and make the switch to a safer alternative to combustible cigarettes. We are a young, thriving company, located in Markham and we are seeking a passionate Demand Planner to join our dynamic Supply Chain team. Take part in joining an exciting career in a booming industry!
Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software in Oracle-Netsuite
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
Review sales plans, finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales and marketing
Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing, and finance:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process):
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
Maintain demand planning system and software:
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the demand planning process
- A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Improved relationships among planners, sales, marketing, and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
- Deliver against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success based on forecast accuracy targets
- Responsible for understanding the demand for respective categories
- Determines accurate promotional forecasting for all activities which includes allocation tables (i.e. promo, customer-reply) for respective categories
- Manage accurate demand forecasts that incorporate current and relevant market information to predict customer demand and provide a buying team with the right information to plan to meet that demand
- Develop reports to determine priorities and areas of opportunity and confirm/communicates results; creates ad hoc reports as necessary
- Identify forecast accuracy root causes and refine the process to ensure continuous improvement of the overall process
- Supports the company’s long-term strategy and inventory reduction while maintaining high Customer Service level metrics
- Responsible to coordinate promotional activities (customers distribution, major promo) with distribution and replenishment teams
- Propose sales forecast based on observations, knowledge, and assessments; collaborate with partners to refine forecasts
- Track projections and recommend appropriate action to achieve service level metrics
- Work with Distribution to provide them with accurate information on upcoming promotions and arrival times, and total forecast shipments associated with the promotions
- Accountable for forecast accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields.
- MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Licenses/Certificates - APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred.
- Supply chain knowledge – in-depth understanding of the supply chain and how it functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, Oracle Demand Planning, or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Analytical thinking – ability to analyze and use critical thinking skills on a regular basis.
- Creative thinking – the ability to think outside of the box and devise creative solutions to various problems.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Group Benefits Program
- Awards for top performers and employee tenure
Thank you for your applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Pacific Smoke International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA), we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process